Facebook Hello. Where is the Privacy?
Looks like the big blue wants it all! It is aiming for complete privacy breach this time around. Now back to the point, Facebook has introduced a new android based dialer named “Hello” which will search who’s calling and stuff (Like TrueDialer) for you automatically but this is not the point of the article, What I am trying to tell you is that this app is NOT AT ALL SECURE. I might be looking like a facebook hater here but no, I truly like facebook and am using it 24/7 since 2007 now but from about 2-3 years back, Facebook is not at all looking secure. It is breaching into user’s private life way too much and it even got blaimed for selling user’s information to various agencies. If you look closely, Facebook is everywhere and it has a lot of dark secrets that it is hiding (More here- Facebook’s dark secrets). I decided to dig deeper and install the app but was shocked to see what permissions it wanted! Have a look yourself:-
Now tell me why in the world would a dialer app want access to your files?! And btw, By “files” it means practically ALL your files. I know you can chat through this app so it requires access to photos/media for sending any thing but why all the files? Also, Facebook is known for having one or two tricks up its sleeve for breaching into your phone. In the end all I can say is that download this app on your own risk!
Here are some features:-
- See who’s calling you, even if you don’t have that phone number saved in your phone.
- Easily block unwanted calls.
- Automatically block calls from numbers that have been blocked by a lot of other people.
- Search your phone contacts and people and places on Facebook, without switching between apps.
- Always have the latest info about your contacts, including their profile pictures and birthdays.
- Open a Facebook profile or Page with just one tap.
- Call and text for free with Messenger.
- Call, add and edit contacts — just like you do on your phone.